M-1 Rail names 25 to Business Advisory Council
25 people have been named to the M-1 Rail Business Advisory Council.
They represent a broad range of businesses and institutions along Woodward Avenue where the streetcar will operate. The group will voluntarily take part in monthly meetings.
Officials with the M-1 Rail say the council’s role is to help identify ways to minimize the impact of construction to businesses, provide input during construction to help M-1 Rail reduce disruptions to business activities, and offer guidance to M-1 Rail as to how the completed streetcar line and its assets can provide the maximum benefit to businesses and their customers.
Construction on the M-1 Rail is scheduled to begin in 2013.
The members of the M-1 RAIL Business Advisory Council are:
- Torya Blanchard, Good Girls Go to Paris/Rodin
- Lynnette Boyle, Bedrock Real Estate Services
- Annmarie Erickson, Detroit Institute of Arts
- Khalilah Burt Gaston, Vanguard Community Development Corporation
- Robert Gregory, Downtown Detroit Partnership / Campus Martius Park
- Scott Harrison, Detroit Symphony Orchestra Max M. Fischer Music Center
- Cheryl Hudson, Woodhouse Spa
- Jack Janiga, Universal Parking Management
- Joe Johnson, Compuware
- Ryan Kukla, Quicken Loans
- Mike McLauchlan, Ilitch Holdings
- Michael McNally, Hines Management
- Jameel Montgomery, DRIVE
- Juanita Moore, Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
- Karen Nagher, Friends of Milwaukee Junction
- Stan Nelson, Red Rose Florist
- George N’Namdi, N’Namdi Center for Contemporary Art
- Lisa Nuszkowski, Wayne State University
- Bunia Parker, Summit Commercial
- Jeanette Pierce, D:HIVE
- Veronica Rickett, Bedrock Real Estate Services
- George Stewart, Midtown Developer
- Tom Teknos, Hudson Café
- Lawrence Williamson, Midtown Detroit Inc.
- Dave Zainea, The Majestic
There are no comments on this entry.