2012 Mackinac Policy Conference To-Do List
The 2012 Mackinac Policy Conference has wrapped up at the Grand Hotel with the release of the To-Do List.
After three days of discussions featuring top state, regional and national thought-leaders and change-makers, the list was announced by Conference Chairman Nancy Schlichting and Detroit Regional Chamber President and CEO Sandy K. Baruah, with agreement from Governor Rick Snyder.
The Detroit Regional Chamber committed to executing the following action items based on the conversation held at the 2012 Conference:
1. Partner with Governor Rick Snyder and key institutions to host a statewide military veterans hiring conference with the goal of securing Michigan employment for veterans.
2. Engage in an effort to help Detroit-based businesses cut through local government red tape to help promote business start-ups and success.
3. Lead a delegation of Detroit-area business leaders on a lessons learned trip to Washington, D.C. in partnership with Whole Foods Market and former Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams.
4. Accept the challenge from John McElroy, the host of “Autoline,” and partner with the College for Creative Studies to engage in a Detroit Future Envisioning project.
5. Develop a program at the Detroit Regional Chamber to support promising entrepreneurs and businesses with access to coaching in best practices and capital.