Metro Detroit #1 For Job Growth
Metro Detroit is the fastest-growing job market in the U.S., according to the employment website Monster.com.
The year-over-year job growth in metro Detroit was higher than Minneapolis, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Orlando.
The Monster Employment Index U.S. is a monthly gauge of U.S. online job demand based on a real-time review of millions of employer job opportunities culled from a large representative selection of career Web sites and online job listings. The Index does not reflect the trend of any one advertiser or source, but is an aggregate measure of the change in job listings across the industry.
Some highlights of the findings:
- Detroit reclaimed the top-spot in July from Minneapolis last month
- Online demand for jobs is up 34% year-over-year
- Detroit has recorded positive annual growth for over a year (17 consecutive months)
- The Index is up 7% (8 points) on a monthly basis
- Occupational categories that saw the highest growth in July (% growth Year-over-Year) are:
- Production Occupations (up 102%)
- Architecture and Engineering Occupations (up 96%)
- Transportation and Material Moving Occupations (up 86%)
- Construction and Extraction (65%)
- Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media (up 58%)
- Occupational categories that saw the lowest growth in July (% growth Year-over-Year) are:
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry (up 7%)
- Business and Financial Operations (up 5%)
- Military Specific (down 1 %)
- Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance (down 2%)
- Legal (down 12%)
There are no comments on this entry.